Manufacturing Controls Engineer
A Vibrant Manufacturing Controls Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and fabrication of resonance-based non-destructive evaluation (NDE) software and hardware for customer components. As a Vibrant Team Member, you will work to improve the safety and reliability of critical systems, and support customer implementation of our solutions.
- Develop/modify machine code/robot program code to support the development of system integration
- Develop mechanical design schematics (2D and 3D) to facilitate the creation, procurement and fabrication of equipment and systems meeting design requirements
- Develop machine process documentation and control flow diagrams
- Design machine control circuits and schematics for low voltage circuits and control stations
- Provide Robotic simulations for path and collision reporting
- Design hardware and systems to support the collection of resonate testing data
- Select hardware and components as needed and initiate procurement for the fabrication of manufactured systems and product.
- Provide budgetary analysis, costing estimations and timelines of proposed project designs and systems
- Create Bills of Materials
- Provide engineering design, development, and implementation including software (PLC/HMI, etc.) Provide support to lead engineer for hardware engineering (system integration, instrumentation callout, panel layout and construction), and system design (integration of the various components on any given project).
- Perform remote support when required
- Travel domestically and internationally to customer and collaborator facilities; up to 20% travel time
- Comply with the AS9100 quality system, including recommending improvements to processes and procedures
- Compose written reports and proposals for internal and external communication
- Support factory/site acceptance testing, user acceptance testing and user training
- Read, interpret and update: documents, drawings and specifications related to process control and automation projects. Typical documents may include PFDs, P&IDs, single line diagrams, cable schedules, instrumentation and control data sheets, I/O lists, etc.
- Work flexibly in a small business environment
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Vibrant’s work includes DoD-funded and export-controlled projects.
- Ability to adhere to a DoT/FAA drug and alcohol testing program
- Strong analytical mindset, data-driven decision making
- Highly organized
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science
- At least five years of full-time work experience in engineering, manufacturing, maintenance/sustainment, or related fields in the aerospace, power generation or automotive industry
Please highlight experience in the following areas with your cover letter and/or resume:
- Proficiency with Siemens Step 7 and or Allen Bradley RS5000 Software and PLC control logic (LAD, STL, FBD)
- Proficiency with creation and integration of UR/KUKA/FANUC robotics systems
- Proficiency with AutoCAD LT
- Proficiency with reading and developing electrical schematics and circuits and controls diagrams
- Proficiency with machine integration and design
- Experience with machine vision and machine learning.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft engines or aircraft wheel and brake systems
Compensation is dependent on your qualifications, experience, and skill set.
How to Apply:
Email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hand deliveries or phone inquiries accepted.
It is the policy of Vibrant Corporation to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, religious persuasion, creed, political beliefs, national origin, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of an essential job function, or any other category protected by federal or state laws.