Application Engineer – Modeling & Simulation
A Vibrant Application Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, and implementation of resonance-based non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions for aircraft, power generation, and automotive components. Application Engineers also perform modeling and simulation for Vibrant’s resonance inspections to understand the relationship between component properties and their resonance frequencies and use that understanding to develop accurate inspections. As a Vibrant Team Member, you will work to improve safety of critical systems and the efficiency of our customers.
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status required. Vibrant’s work includes Department of Defense-funded contracts and export-controlled projects. Please apply only if you now currently meet this requirement.
- Configure and implement resonance testing inspections for customer components
- Collect and analyze resonance testing data
- Build strong relationships with customers for the support and expansion of resonance inspection solutions
- Train and support customer personnel on operation of Vibrant systems and collaborate on analysis of data
- Create Finite Element Method (FEM) simulations of components and evaluate resonance responses
- Evaluate the effects of material state variations, flaws, and geometric variations on resonance frequencies in FEM simulations and physical components.
- Develop software tools to automate and expedite the execution of FEM simulations and post-processing simulation results
- Develop and utilize new analysis methods for simulated and measured resonance testing data
- Design and perform experiments, parametric studies and multi-variable analyses
- Support, improve, maintain and repair testing system hardware and software
- Develop methods for storing data and building corporate knowledge and memory
- Domestic and international travel (up to 25% travel time) to visit customers and collaborators
- Compose written reports for internal and external communication
- Give presentations for internal and external audiences
- Work Flexibly in a Small Business Environment
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Vibrant’s work includes DoD-funded and export-controlled projects.
- Ability to adhere to a DoT/FAA drug and alcohol testing program
- Strong analytical mindset, data-driven decision making
- Proficiency with ANSYS, ABAQUS, COMSOL, or other finite element method software
- Proficiency with Python and/or Matlab
- Proficiency with Solidworks, NX, PTC Creo or other 3D solid modeling software
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science preferred
- At least five years of full-time work experience in engineering, manufacturing, maintenance/sustainment, or related fields in the aerospace, power generation or automotive industry
Please highlight experience in these areas with your cover letter and/or resume
- Nondestructive evaluation experience
- Materials/metallurgy experience, including mechanics of materials and material damage
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME) experience
- Additive manufacturing experience
- Casting and/or forging experience
- Vibrations and/or dynamics experience
- Experience in gas turbine engines for aircraft and power generation
- Experience with aircraft, spacecraft and launch vehicle components
Compensation is dependent on your qualifications, experience, and skill set.
How to Apply
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com. No hand deliveries or phone inquiries accepted.
It is the policy of Vibrant Corporation to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, religious persuasion, creed, political beliefs, national origin, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of an essential job function, or any other category protected by federal or state laws.