Application Engineer – Operations
A Vibrant Application Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, and implementation of resonance-based non-destructive evaluation (NDE) solutions for customer components. As a Vibrant Team Member, you will work to improve the safety and reliability of critical systems, and support customer implementation of our solutions.
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status required. Vibrant’s work includes Department of Defense-funded contracts and export-controlled projects. Please apply only if you now currently meet this requirement.
- Collect and analyze resonance testing data from customer components
- Configure, implement, deploy, support, and maintain resonance inspection hardware and software solutions
- Support design, manufacturing, and evaluation of resonance testing systems
- Travel domestically and internationally to customer and collaborator facilities; up to 50% travel time
- Build strong relationships with customers for the support and expansion of resonance inspection solutions
- Research and improve hardware and/or methods for resonance-based NDE
- Design and perform experiments, parametric studies and multi-variable analyses
- Comply with the AS9100 quality system, including recommending improvements to processes and procedures
- Adhere to FAA Part 145 Repair Station requirements and procedures
- Compose written reports and proposals for internal and external communication
- Give presentations for internal and external audiences
- Work flexibly in a small business environment
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Vibrant’s work includes DoD-funded and export-controlled projects.
- Ability to adhere to a DoT/FAA drug and alcohol testing program
- Strong analytical mindset, data-driven decision making
- Strong understanding of resonance, dynamics, and material behavior
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science
- At least five years of full-time work experience in engineering, manufacturing, maintenance/sustainment, or related fields in the aerospace, power generation or automotive industry
Please highlight experience in these areas with your cover letter and/or resume
- Nondestructive evaluation experience
- Materials/metallurgy experience
- Additive manufacturing experience
- Experience in vibrations and/or dynamics
- Experience in manufacturing and/or maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft engines or aircraft wheel and brake systems
- Proficiency in ANSYS, COMSOL, Abaqus, or other FEM software
- Proficiency in Matlab, Python, C++, or other programming languages
- Proficiency in Solidworks, NX, PTC Creo or other 3D solid modeling software
Compensation is dependent on your qualifications, experience, and skill set.
How to Apply
Email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hand deliveries or phone inquiries accepted.
It is the policy of Vibrant Corporation to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, religious persuasion, creed, political beliefs, national origin, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of an essential job function, or any other category protected by federal or state laws.