Machine Maintenance Technician
A Vibrant NDT Machine Maintenance Technician is responsible for the routine maintenance and service of resonant based non-destructive evaluation (NDE) software and hardware for customer components. As a Vibrant Team Member, you will work to keep deployed systems maintained, serviced, and operational as required.
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status required. Vibrant’s work includes Department of Defense-funded and export-controlled projects. Please apply only if you now currently meet this requirement.
- Perform remote support when required
- Travel domestically and internationally to customer and collaborator facilities; up to 50% travel time
- Modify machine code/robot program code/HMI code to support the maintenance and upgrades of deployed systems
- Interpret mechanical design schematics (2D and 3D) to successfully procure, repair, replace machine components as needed.
- Develop maintenance documentation, maintenance procedures and control flow diagrams
- Troubleshoot control circuits for low voltage circuits and control stations
- Test Robotic simulations for path and collision reporting
- Upgrade/install software on host computer systems
- Familiarization of design hardware and systems to support the collection of resonate testing data
- Select hardware and components as needed and initiate procurement for the maintenance and updates systems and product.
- Provide budgetary analysis, costing estimations and timelines of proposed maintenance schedules
- Create and or maintain Bills of Materials
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support for a variety of industrial control systems. Provide support to lead engineer for hardware engineering (system integration, instrumentation callout, panel layout and construction), and system design (integration of the various components on any given project).
- Comply with the AS9100 quality system, including recommending improvements to processes and procedures
- Compose written reports and proposals for internal and external communication
- Support factory/site acceptance testing, user acceptance testing and user training
- Read, interpret and update: documents, drawings and specifications related to process control and automation projects. Typical documents may include PFDs, P&IDs, single line diagrams, cable schedules, instrumentation and control data sheets, I/O lists, etc.
- Work flexibly and independently in a small business environment
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Vibrant’s work includes DoD-funded and export-controlled projects.
- Ability to adhere to a DoT/FAA drug and alcohol testing program
- Strong analytical mindset, data-driven decision making
- Highly organized
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Associate in Engineering, Physics, Math, Computer Science
- At least three years of full-time work experience in engineering, manufacturing, maintenance/sustainment, or related fields in the aerospace, power generation or automotive industry
Please highlight experience in these areas with your cover letter and/or resume
- Proficiency with reading and maintaining electrical schematics and circuits and controls diagrams
- Proficiency with working with Windows computer systems and networks
- Proficiency with Siemens Step 7 and or Allen Bradley RS5000 Software and PLC control logic (LAD, STL, FBD)
- Proficiency with maintenance of UR/KUKA/FANUC robotics systems
- Proficiency with AutoCAD LT
- Proficiency with machine integration and maintenance
- Experience with machine vision and machine learning.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft engines or aircraft wheel and brake systems
Compensation is dependent on your qualifications, experience, and skill set.
How to Apply
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com. No hand deliveries or phone inquiries accepted.
It is the policy of Vibrant Corporation to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, religious persuasion, creed, political beliefs, national origin, or a disability that does not prohibit performance of an essential job function, or any other category protected by federal or state laws.